Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's my name????


On February 21st I Jennifer Dawn Maynerich was born to goodly parents who loved the Lord and taught me his gospel. I have the best family.

The song the house that built me reminds me of my family. Dad always had some kind of project going on around the house if not inside than out and we were all apart of what was going on. He remodeled our entire house on Coyote Canyon even adding on an addition although if you drive by the house today you would not be able to tell. While we were doing those projects such as sweeping the street, or picking weeds, cleaning the house.  Dad would even spray the street down in front of our house once a week for crying out loud.  When Dad built our new house for Mom every day we were down there scrubbing the cement, sweeping etc.  At the time I didn't know they were teaching us the value of hard work, showing pride in what we do, and taking care of what you had. We just thought they were slave drivers :) I can appreciate that now that I'm in the workforce with people that have none of those values and I find it sad.
I started with my name because I'm amazed I even know what it is with all the nicknames I have been given. Jenna, Jenna Bug, Buggy, Bugster,Jenn,  Jenn Jenn, Goonie, Arnie, Rooney, Ronney two shoes. I know there is more but they are even more embarrassing than these or I don't know how to spell them.  Slug bug was my least favorite game to play because well I was Bug so I got slugged.  When I graduated the plan was for everyone to shout out one of my nicknames when I walked, but no none knew where I was sitting so I got out of that one. I pretty much answer to anything but if you call me Jenny you are sure to get a go to hell look unless you are Grandpa Maynerich or Zackery.

When I was little and even sometimes now Dad would tell me that my real Dad was Sasquatch. He said that when he was working for the Circle K he went out to take the trash and found me in the trash can with Sasquatch. The guy really existed he was a hobo around town. I would freak out when he came around because I thought he would take me back. Dad said he traded me for a pair of shoes. I soon realized I looked to much like my family and I had my dad's big toe so it must have been a story.

I always wanted a sister growing up. When Jeremy was born I was devastated. I wanted a Sara. I would dress him up like a girl and call him Sara but that didn't last too long. Then I go a cousin named Sarah on Mom's side and a Sara on Dad's side. LaDonna was and is my sister and best friend. Growing up with just brothers we needed each other. I will cherish every summer we spent together.  All my sister cousins mean so much to me. I love each one of them with all my heart.

I am so grateful for every single one of my family members in helping me become who I am today. It's not always easy being alone but I know there's always someone just a phone call away.  I don't know what I did to deserve the family I have been born it to but I thank my Heavenly Father every day. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I think our Dad's both tried to pull stories like that! My dad told us when he was young he was an Indian boy named Two-Feathers and we believed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we could have asked for better Dad's. Love you.

      Delete
  2. I love this so much too! We are all Soul Sisters and I love you forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarie I love you so much. I have been looking for a picture of all of us girls together and can't. Next time we get together we definatley need to take one.

      Delete