Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hoping for a Change

In the middle of May while helping the store in Espanola I learned that the Grants store was opening a Store Manager Position.  Grants is a perfect store for a new store manager.  So after praying about it all weekend I applied.  There are 3 steps to the interview process. 


1st interview if selected is with the Market Human Resource manager. Its about an hour long and is about the competencies of a Store Manager (which I am currently not)  I was selected for this interview and I just gonna throw this out there that it was the longest hour of my life.  But it went well and was done over the phone.

2nd Interview if selected is with the Market Manager and is about operations.  Randy my MHRM said he was recommending me to interview with Matt and I would be notified when that would happen. This was a Monday.  Well Matt came to my Store on Wed and interviewed me in person.  I was freaking out all night because I had to try to memorize all the numbers for the store, what we were doing to improve, have the store ready for a visit and meet with Matt after working all night.  The interview went well despite being nervous and working all night.

The 3rd Interview is a walk through of the Store you applied for.  Only 3 are selected.  You tour with a member of management from that store as if it were your store with a member of the market team monitoring you and evaluating you on your interaction with customers and associates and what you bring to the table. Then when that is done you meet before the panel and tell them why your the best for the position.  I have been selected for this interview.  It is next Friday.  Please keep me in your prayers.  I am excited for this opportunity but am very nervous as I have never been through this process before.




1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great, Jenn! Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete